Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rod and the Hurricane

Since we live in Virginia, Rod and our family got our first hurricane experience this weekend.  Rod handled the wind and rain like a champ, watching and waiting for the storm to be over.




That is, until he needed to go to the bathroom. 

Which he refused to do for quite a while, extending our time outside.

He was no longer amused or entertained by Hurricane Irene.

But he got over it and did what we all do on stormy days.

But he still kept an eye on the hurricane as is stormed into the night...


Like a champ.

6 comments:

  1. hahahaha love it! the illustrations and pics of Mr. Rod looking almost desolate, staring out the window bring his storm journey to life ;-) Glad all is well for the champ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures!!! We didn't get any rain here at all. We waited but it never came...not that we wanted the wind...just a little rain! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks erin! it's funny you called him mr. rod because we call him that ALL the time. thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi holly! you are so lucky - our power was out for 4 days! can you post your blog link in the comments? blogger isn't letting me view it for some reason. i'd love to see your latest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Rod! Happy dat all of you is safe. My mom says I was a good girl when Irene came and visited us here in NY too but I did not want to go out to do my busyness until da rain stopped and dat was a looong time fur me to wait, but I did it. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in Virginia too and my doxie Jaxson did the same thing! I think he was amazed, he just sat there at the window. He would let out a bark if the wind blew really hard. I was so proud of him, he was such a trooper. Well what a pleasure it is to meet you Rod, you handsome fella :)!

    ReplyDelete