Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hiding Rod

As you all know, this sight greets me every day when I come home from work:



But on some occasions I come home to this:


However I don’t need to travel far to find him when that happens.








So when one day I came home to this:


And this:


I was a little weirded out.  I checked his other hide out.


Still no Rod – just the usual paraphernalia. 

At this point, I became panicked.  My mind immediately pictured a dachshund motivated thief who took my Rod!



I started running around calling his name.  




Then I realized the bathroom door was uncharacteristically closed. 












I opened it to find a very embarrassed Rod. He was happy to be freed.





I can only speculate as to how this happened while he was home alone but I think this must be pretty accurate:













After this traumatic event, he’s still brave enough to go back in though!






We keep the door wide open.








6 comments:

  1. Hi Rod, I missed you! BOL I shut myself in rooms all the time! Then mom runs around the house in a panic till she hears scratching at the door.
    Kisses and Tail Wags,
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Rod!! At least everything was still intact in there:)

    *Amy & Jasper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Rod....You are just like me and my pack. We get locked in the pantry sometimes when Mom or Dad close the door without looking inside first, and we don't say a single word when they start calling for us. The freak out every time.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rod, we do the same sometimes ahahah...but my Mom always found me on the pantry!


    --------------------------------------
    It's all About Pet Fences | Dog Fence

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like we aren't the only ones who have had this problem!! Thanks for the comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This happened to me befores too... but it was one of the bedrooms... and i just took a nap till they got home :)

    i love your momma's cartoons.. she's really good... it made my hooman girl laugh so much she nearly fell off her chair :)

    thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete